Memory Matters Fellowship
Memory Matters Workshops support people to live well with dementia through engagement in meaningful, evidence-based therapeutic activity. We take time to gain an understanding of who people are, what is important to them, and how they like to spend their time. And we’d like you to help us do this in your community.
People with dementia have helped us to design our innovative workshops and club days over the last 9 years through consultation and feedback.
Our vision is a world where people living with dementia are empowered and thriving in their communities. We want to see a time where every individual living with dementia will have access to cognitive Stimulation and post diagnostic support through a Memory Matters Workshop in their local town or city.
Our core values define who we are as a company and create the basis for our culture. We are looking for people who share the same values as us:
Why Memory Matters?
Memory Matters was founded in 2010 by two qualified nurses who still run the operation. Kate and Laura bring a wealth of experience and passion and have navigated their way through the pitfalls and can help you avoid them. Read more about us and why we started Memory Matters here.
At Memory Matters we are committed to ensuring everyone in all communities have access to CST through enabling communities to use our easy to use blueprint. As part of our Memory Matters Fellowship, you will become part of the Memory Matters family.
What does Memory Matters require from you?
You will need to be willing to recruit the right Workshop Leader who will be trained and certified by Memory Matters to deliver the workshops in your licenced venue. These can be a paid or voluntary position or they may already be a member of your organisations staff.
- Have a values match with Memory Matters- Led by compassion, kindness and respect for people living with dementia
- Be patient, kind, positive and authentic
- Be Person-focused
- Have experience of being person-centred
- Be prepared to learn
- Be committed to follow a framework to the letter
- Be committed to openness and honesty
- Be responsible for regular reporting on impact and income
- Demonstrate competence after training through assessment
Fellowship members can be an organisation or a group that takes overall responsibility of the co-ordination of the delivery of Memory Matters Workshops in their venue(s).
We will give you:
- Comprehensive training and induction programme with Co-Founders Kate and Laura
- The licence to run Memory Matters workshops in your community
- The use of our established and trusted brand name
- The use of the Memory Matters Trademark
- All digital marketing material
- Memory Matters Box of resources
- Access to meet-ups with other Memory Matters Workshops providers
- Operations Manual
- Tablet with access to evaluation software
- Monthly session plan with everything you need to deliver sessions
Become a Memory Matters Fellow with a one off payment of £1500, plus a monthly membership fee of £122 . Get in touch today.